Parents may well be shocked to learn what kind of books are in their child's public K-12 school library.
Blueprint for Canada is a major public policy experiment designed to give Canadians a voice. If you support the majority of positions taken on this platform please share our website with your social network both online and in real life. Most importantly, please consider emailing this website's address (www.blueprintforcanada.ca) to your elected representative and ask them to make the "Blueprint for Canada" K-12 education platform policies the standard for public education in your province or territory. Find your local Member of the Provincial Parliament (MPP), Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA), or Member of the National Assembly (MNA) (Quebec) here. Add your voice today to those of tens of thousands of other parents, grandparents, legal guardians, and concerned citizens all across the country standing up for Canada.
As school board trustees we will
advocate for the following:
- As trustees, we do not support the censorship of books for adult readers. For children, we will seek policies to ensure materials are safe, age-appropriate, and not in violation of Canada's child pornography laws.
- We will advocate that the inventory of all public school library collections be fully searchable online and that such search capabilities be open to the public.
- We will seek the removal of any book featuring explicit sexual imagery. We are aware that the practical impact of such a ban will be limited given the prevalence of similar content online. Even so, we believe schools must aim to uphold a higher standard on principle alone.
- We will seek the removal of any books written for children designed to normalize the tenets of gender ideology. We take this position due to the evidence of extreme harm inflicted on susceptible children led down the path of gender-affirming medical care.
- For similar reasons mentioned above, we will seek the removal of any books written for children designed to normalize gender transitioning.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to Pierre Barns, a concerned father in British Columbia, Canada for his tireless efforts to make parents aware of the content of certain books in our public school libraries.
The following links will bring up content from a sampling of the books reviewed on the "Exposing SOGI123" website. These books have been clearly written for children. Some appear designed to normalize gender ideology and promote medical gender-affirming transitioning as safe and harmless. Others contain explicit sexual imagery.
Viewer discretion is advised.
Parents & Guardians
If you feel this is not right we encourage citizens to form delegations to speak to these concerns with your local school boards. It is up to parents and concerned citizens to demand these materials be removed from your local public school libraries. To learn how this is done visit your local school board website and request details on how to make a presention/delegation to your school board.